Friday, June 3, 2011

I FORGOT?

.

Last night while in bed, I had just turned out the lights, pulled up the covers, and gotten comfortable, when the Lord gave me something. I thought He had perfect timing? LOL. What a sense of humor He has. I was so tired I didn't turn on the light and write it down, but I spoke it out loud there in the dark. I knew that faith comes by hearing and the hearing of the Word so I spoke it a couple of times, rolled over, and went to sleep.

When I awoke this morning, I couldn't remember what He gave me. I went to the computer and got ready to write. I thought maybe that would help me to remember. It didn't. I apologized to the Lord for not writing it down and asked His forgiveness. I was a little upset. Not at the Lord, but at me for not writing it down. Habakkuk 2:2 tells us to write the vision and I disobeyed. I was remorseful.

I tried to shake it off and began typing. I had typed about a page, when all of a sudden, there it was. What I had spoke in the darkness of night into the atmosphere last night, was now on the screen. At the same time, I could feel God's forgiveness. I could feel Him smiling and chuckling at me. It dawned on me that I wasn't ready to receive what I had forgotten yet. God [does] have perfect timing. He brought that thing to my remembrance and onto the computer. What an awesome God.

I have found the same thing with unanswered prayers. Sometimes we can get discouraged at God because the thing we asked for didn't transpire. Maybe we weren't ready to receive what we prayed for yet. Just a reminder, God [does] have perfect timing.

Any similar stories?

.

2 comments:

Leslie Pinto said...

This is True, many times I have had the Lord Speak to me but Felt lazy to get up anf Write the Vision or the Feeling, next day it was gone no more even the Slightest Rememberance and Then suddenly as from His Own Way it comes to you and You Rejoice for He Helps you Remember, Bless this Lord Let's Obey to Be Obedient and Wake up to your CALL.gOD bLESS YOU jim.

WordyKaren said...

I had a similar experience when my husband and I put our condo on the market before moving to a new city. We needed the sale in order to purchase a new property. We were in agony waiting for the right buyer to come along. Finally, she did come--months later and the person turned out to be my husband's daughter. We learned through that event that God had work to do in her life to prepare her for the sale. I discovered that when I ask in prayer for something I want, I am not the only person in the equation. God's timing is always PERFECT.