Tuesday, January 10, 2012

BE STILL, AND KNOW THAT I AM GOD

.

For the last couple weeks I have been feeling very tired and listless. I was talking to sis about my lethargy and how I should probably seek out a doctor for a checkup. She said that there seems to be a lot of that going around, how several of her friends felt the same way.

I told her that I really didn’t feel sleepy but I was tired all the time. I said, “I don’t know what I was so tired about because I really hadn’t done much to feel that way. While I’m sitting in my chair at my apartment, I can see things that need to be done, but I just don’t have the energy to get up and do them.”

I knew I wasn’t depressed because I’d been there and done that. Depression cost me my marriage, so I knew that I wasn’t depressed.

Sis and I finished our little talk and I went home to my apartment, plopped in my chair, and spent some time with the Lord. Many things came to my remembrance as I prayed.

While I sat in my chair all but about dozing off to la-la land, an image of my dad came to me just as I remember him, sitting in his wheel chair with his chin resting on his chest. This was pretty much what he did all day, every day for the last few days of his life. It bothered me because I knew his body was beginning to shut down.

Afterward, the Hospice nurse confirmed this to me. She said that during this withdrawal, he was going through a transitional period from the natural realm into the spiritual. He was reconciling everything in his mind.

Well, all truth is parallel. I believe that the Lord was trying to tell me that the body of Christ is going through a period of spiritual transition, not unto physical death, but unto a period of change and direction. The world is changing fast and the body is seeking reconciliation of things and at the same time looking for guidance. It was like the Lord was saying, “Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth [1].”

There is going to be a great awakening, a soon coming outpouring of the Holy Spirit and what the body is going through now is just a transitional period. God is about to hit His people with Himself and we have to be ready. We are in the early stages of that awakening now.

For, behold, the darkness shall cover the earth, and gross darkness the people: but the LORD shall arise upon thee, and his glory shall be seen upon thee [2].

This is a time NOT to be fearful, fretful, impatient, restless, and seemingly unaffected by the judgments of God. We should be concerned about what is going on in the world but only in the context of using this time as a time of harvesting the fields as they are white unto harvest [3].

Psalms 46:10 says to be quiet and easy, and resign ourselves to the will of God. Do not worry because the troubles of today have not caught God off guard. He is still in control. Psalms 37:12-13 says, “The wicked plotteth against the just, and gnasheth upon him with his teeth. The Lord shall laugh at him: for he seeth that his day is coming.

The body needs to remain still and seek His face and humble themselves and pray [4].We should live in an assured expectation of the appearance of Jesus Christ and that His will shall be done. The Lord is saying, “Be still, and know that I am God.

_______________________________

[1] Psalm 46:10
[2] Isaiah 60:2
[3] John 4:35
[4] 2 Chronicles 7:14

.

2 comments:

Fresh off The Farm said...

I, my youngest daughter, Mary, my second daughter and her husband Brian, watched the DVD from Louie Giglio, "Indescribable", late morning. Some of us had seen it before yet we wanted to be refreshed, and the youngest had watched it for the first time..
Of course if you know the movie, it consists of Gods greatness and glory in creating the universe and yet man in all humans smallness compared to Gods and his largeness yet Jesus Christs sacrifice on the cross for such minute beings sin..although the creation of man and his soul is such a drop in the bucket of Gods universe He still knows our name, He knows our beginning and our end while we exist here and He knows our future for eternity..He has not forgotten His children, He knows their heart cries and He knows the answer..he created us for such a time as this, nothing has been left uncovered and He alone will direct our futures no matter if we consider it or not..we were not there while He held the universe in his thoughts and created them but we will be in His thoughts and presence in the eternity..this time is a time for shaking..a time for separating the goats from the sheep and perhaps a time of refreshing and certainly a time to make sure we are looking up as His redemption is drawing close..yes we need to be still and KNOW He is God..many will miss it, many will call out in His name with sinful and pseudo love for Him, but His name is written in the Book of Life, He knows our name and we know His voice..With our heads resting on our chests in preparation we await the call..the trumpet..Come Forth..just pray we do not ..stinketh.. Great post, thanks James..

WordyKaren said...

A wonderful post, Jim. Our pastor spoke last week on a related topic--stressing the importance of resting in God and taking time to be alone with him in nature or in other ways that give us peace. I've been doing that through walks on the beach or in my neighborhood on my own.