Wednesday, January 15, 2014

AN OLD MAN'S DREAM

The Bible says that young men will see visions and old men will dream dreams [Joel 2:28; Acts 2:17]. Wednesday night I qualified for old man status.

Actually, I can understand dreaming about a girlfriend, wife, or about an exciting trip that I may soon be taking. I can even imagine dreaming about that 30 pound salmon that is swimming in my favorite river and waiting for that hook to drop in the water with a huge juicy worm on the end. However, to dream about something that is totally off the wall crazy and doesn’t make any sense whatsoever, has God’s fingerprint all over it. Either that or. . .I have finally slipped a cog. You be the judge.

The dream went like this.

I was inside what appeared to be place of business in downtown USA when I saw what I thought was a sign. It really wasn’t really a sign per se, but looked more like four stacked ticker-tape strips with writing on them. I could see the letters but couldn’t read the words. As soon as I saw the sign, it disappeared. I got the sense that that the business was moving shop to another location.

The next thing I remember is entering an elevator in a high-rise building. Evidently, this was the new location of the business. I don’t know how many people got on the elevator with me but there was no conversation and they all looked right through me. They were apparently oblivious to my presence. It’s like I wasn't there – but I was there. They were all dressed in suits. I had absolutely no idea why I was there, where I was going, or on what floor I needed to disembark.

The elevator stopped and everybody but myself, got off. I do not know on what floor they got off or whether it is even important. All I know is, I stayed on the elevator. The door closed and I rode to the top floor, which according to the indicator above the door, was the 11th floor. Of that, I am sure.

I got off and the doors shut behind me. I walked over to the row of windows that lined the wall and looked down on the hustle bustle of the city. Everyone below went about their daily lives and business totally unaware that there was someone observing them from above.

I moved away from the windows and scouted the floor area. It actually looked like a deserted cafeteria. It had a couple of small hung shelves on the wall. There was a peninsula type counter that held a register and glass counter-top cabinet that could have held things like pastry and sandwiches. The only thing is, there wasn’t even a crumb to be found – anywhere. I was the only person on the 11th floor.

And I woke up.

I laid there in bed trying to process what I had just dreamt. Was this a dream from God or was this just a stupid dream from nowhere and meant nothing? After going over the dream in my mind, the Lord began revealing to me some of the aspects of my dream.

I will post my brief interpretation this coming Monday. Time will tell if it is from God or not. If the aspects of this dream do not transpire, then it was pizza, and I have slipped a cog. In any event, I have obeyed what I feel is from God.

Any dream interpreters out there. See if it gels with what I am hearing.

No comments: