Monday, January 20, 2014

OLD MAN'S DREAM: THE INTERPRETATION

God’s Word tells us to get our eyes off of the world and to think on heavenly things. God has not called us to save the world from itself or to solve its political views. Saving and convicting the world of its sins is Christ’s job, not ours. We are to concern ourselves with the lost and spreading the love of God in these last days.

Set your mind on the things that are above, not on the things that are upon the earth [Colossians 3:2].

As I lay there in bed thinking on whether to get up or not, that night’s dream planted itself in the forefront of my memory banks replaying each aspect. The Lord began speaking to my spirit explaining what I’d just experienced in la-la rem land. Insights into the dreams meaning started forming and I got the unction to listen up. I’ve learned to recognize that unction so I reached for my pad and pencil, which I keep by my bed and at different locations throughout my apartment at all times. I then communed with the Lord for about two hours that morning writing and listening. . .writing and listening. I’ve never had such a weird dream like that before. A story started to unfold, and it was all about Jesus.

When I felt that a business was in the process of moving, it was then that the Lord explained to me that in 2014, man would be entering full force into a new paradigm. A paradigm of focus and favor. There will also be a spiritual awakening. He reminded me of the beginning of my dream. God told me that it was man’s soul which would be changing.

History has been leading up to this moment of human events and spiritual awakening for decades, but has magnified over the last five years or so. The world finally has its leader. America is the last bastion of freedom. Where will people go to be free when America goes down? I’ll tell you where we can go to be free. We are free in Christ and need to return to Him. This is where we should go.

Therefore, today’s focus should be on the Lord. Man needs to return to Christ and get their eyes off of the world. We can learn about the full essence of God by studying the Gospels. In the book of Matthew, Christ is king. In the book of Mark, He is a servant. In Luke, Jesus is man and we can learn of His humanity there. Finally, in John, Jesus is God. God’s story continued, as the four Gospels became the four stacked ticker tapes that I briefly saw in my dream.

Not with an audible voice but with the inaudible voice that comes deep from within your psyche, the Lord told me that He was the elevator and that His Spirit would take us to all truth and to our destination(s). God will meet us where we are at but once He's there, up is the only way to go. Christ is the Way to anywhere we want to go for He is the Way, the Truth, and the Life.

I remember entering the elevator and that many people in suits got on with me. Their demeanor said that they did not even know I was there. In other words, they did not perceive what I perceived and I was evidently in the Spirit. They looked right through me. After the elevator moved up, people started getting off on different floors. No one spoke a word the entire trip. I asked the Lord, “Who were those people?” The Lord told me that they were the elect who have been deceived and who were at different levels of their faith. He said not to worry because no one could snatch them from His hand. I perceived that those passengers were not seeking the fullness of God, and were satisfied with the floor on which they got off.They were luke warm.

I remember vividly when I reached the 11th floor, which was as far as the elevator went. I believe that the Lord did not tell me the spiritual significance of the number 11 at that moment because it was above the level of my understanding in terms of the prophetic. We are to wait on the Lord for the interpretation. If we do not wait, we can slip into our own understanding. We all prophesy in part and the Lord wanted me to learn something about the number 11. So He sent me a prophet. Later, after hearing my dream, the prophet told me that I had just stepped into a new level of prophetic revelation because that was what the number 11 meant spiritually, “prophetic revelation.” Many believers are experiencing dreams, thoughts, and revelation today of the number 11's significance.

After I’d disembarked the elevator, I remember going to a row of windows and looking down at the hustle bustle of all the people going to and fro. They were all totally oblivious to what was going on in the world and most of them probably didn’t care. They probably didn't even realize that they were supposed to care. They seemed to only have concerns of what they were doing, where they were going, and for whatever reasons. They were unaware that anyone was looking down on them – me or God. The Lord said that these people were all the unsaved people of the world and that they were our mission field. The city was abuzz with thousands of unsaved people. There are so many souls Lord and so little time.

At first I perceived that the empty cafeteria signified a food shortage that was soon coming. I perceived this in my spirit. However, it was deeper than that. The thing is, I had not waited on the Lord to receive my interpretation. Believers are experiencing worldwide persecution, even to the point of death, and many have not even a crumb of hope to sustain them spiritually, which the counter-top barrenness signified. People are looking for a way out of this morass of government takeover and corruption. On the one hand, it is man run amuck. However, on the other hand, man is also open and looking for a way to safety. Jesus Christ is THE WAY and He is the bread of life and our ultimate glory when we are caught up with Him. Get on the elevator brothers and sisters and come up to the 11th floor.

The Lord said that the entirety of the 11th floor was revelation and the Good News message because Jesus Christ IS revelation. In 2014, we, as believers, will boldly come out of our closets, metaphorically take the elevator to the 11th floor to receive (our) message, and begin to give that message of hope, grace, salvation, and the Good News. However, there will be much persecution for our boldness! Many will not recognize the land in which they used to call America anymore. It will be reminiscent to the days of Octavius.

After reading my dream, the prophet said that in 2014, fresh bread was coming to the body and it will revive hope, give encouragement, and the joy of men’s hearts will return to God’s people, and they will be true bearers of the Good News. An interpreter said that the 11th floor could also represent the 11th hour, which many think that we are in today. I say that it is 11:59.

So. . .

GET OUR EYES OFF OF THE WORLD: The night after my dream, the Lord kept me up most of the night exhorting me in my spirit. He showed me what men think of first and He reminded me that it was what I thought of first as well before I realized that this message was from Him. I had looked at the lack of food and the collapse of the dollar first before the Lord and I had our discussion. This is not to say that there isn’t going to be a collapse of the dollar and a food shortage but it was my own understanding at first and not the interpretation of my dream. However, God was patient with me and began revealing to me what my dream actually meant. Not many look to the spiritual connotations of any given situation first. God wants us to look to Him first. So. . .get our eyes off of the world. Focus on Christ. This is the message of my dream.

Next week we will look at point three and four, Think on heavenly things and focus on Christ.

2 comments:

Barbara Mooney Wilson.. said...

Jim, I think this is the best post you have ever been lead to write...My heart is heavy for the lost in the world and I pray that people will see all the things changing so fast around us and realize what is happening..Several counties were hit with a chemical spill in WV about 2weeks ago and it has made a big difference in and how some people live...300,000,00 were without good water and still to this day I wouldn't think of drinking the water again..I hope and pray that people realize with all the terrible things happening that God is trying to open eyes up everywhere..Thanks for the Blog..

Karen O'Connor said...

Thank you for a thoughtful post, Jim. You always give me something valuable to think about.